Ok, so for now I'll just plop down what I found posted by Admiral Squish in a thread at GitP. Here's the Admiral's idea of Mister Grinch and his poor ol' pooch Max:
The three words that best describe you,
are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."
Chaotic Evil Male Grinch
Humanoid 2/ rogue 8
Appraise: 10 (13)
Balance: 10 (12)
Bluff: 12 (15)
Craft (engineering): 10 (13)
Disguise: 12 (14)
Escape Artist: 8 (10)
Hide: 0 (8)
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 5 (8)
Knowledge local: 10 (13)
Move silently: 12 (16)
Slight of hand: 12 (16)
Exotic weapon proficiency: Repeating crossbow, great
Repeating crossbow, great [2d8 18-20/x2 120ft. Piercing]
Rod of Lordly Might
Chain shirt [+4 AC, Max Dex. +4, AC penalty -2]
* +4 constitution / -2 dexterity / -2 intelligence (already included)
* Monstrous humanoid type.
* +4 on hide (already included, +8 underground)
* May claw/claw 1d4+ strength bonus x2 (multiattack), plus bite at -5 to hit 1d4+half strength bonus
* Darkvision (see 90 feet in pitch-dark)
* +6 natural armor class
* Stench. Remember this affects friendly non-trogs also.
* Level adjustment +2
* Sneak Attack +4d6
* Improved Evasion
* Trap Sense + 3
* Uncanny Dodge
* Improved Uncanny Dodge
Large Magical Beast
Speed: 30 ft. (In armor, six squares)
Armor Class: 24 (–1 size, +1 Dex, +6 natural +8 barding), touch 10,
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+16
Attack: Bite +11 melee (2d6+9)
Full Attack: Bite +11 melee (2d6+9)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 120 ft., Light Sensitivity, Low-light vision, scent, trainable
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +18, Listen +3, Spot +3, Survival +2
Feats: Alertness, Tunnel Fighting, Improved Initiative, Track
Tricks Known: All
There was much some debate in that forum thread regarding Mister Grinch being a troglodyte, a bugbear, or just his own new and unique race: Grinch. It's not as clean cut as the Bumble entry, but it's still fun.
I also found these couple blurbs in a Wiki entry for the Grinch that are kinda interesting when looking at him stat-wise:
- He is also a skilled engineer, having built his sleigh and many of the contraptions within his cave himself.
- On at least two occasions, the Grinch has demonstrated above-average (even superhuman) strength. Whether this is a trait commonly found in his species or simply examples of adrenaline rush is never stated outright. Although in the cartoon movie when he lifts the sleigh the narrator states, "At that moment, the Grinch found the strength of ten grinchs, plus two" so the argument could be made that it was adrenaline.
Ah well, sorry for the tardiness, but heck! if we still have the Christmas decorations up, then it's still Christmas...sorta.