I found several years of birthday pics, including some from back in '81, but this one really caught my eye, especially with some of that suh-weeeet vintage Star Wars swag.
Anyway, I thought I'd share a peek at some of those AWESOME b-day gifts from "a much simpler time."
So let's take stock. From left to right (sorta):
- a Star Wars marker/coloring poster (with 3-D Vader mask, mind you!)
- a Dallas Cowboys helmet lamp (I either put 12 or 33 on the back with stickers)
- a set of 6 "silver" (ok, silver-colored) Hot Wheels cars (these I kept... they're my son's now)
- an mpc R2-D2 *fully-articulated* model kit
- a full set of all NFL teams pencils
- an amt Cuckoo Nest Custom Ford Van model kit
- an Obsession board game - "The game you can't get enough of!" (Dig that preposition-ending sentence. Nice grammar, babe!)
- a Skorpion (advanced design street machine) model kit - I guess I got my share of sniffing glue back then, eh?