Thursday, January 15, 2009

50,000,000 Princess Leia Fans Can't Be Wrong

Holy Carbon Freeze! I just saw this post over at geekdad, and now my co-workers are wondering just WTF is so funny about this conference call in which I am (sorta) participating. ALT-TAB don't fail me now!

Anyway here's WTF is so funny: the very cool and hilarious animated short by Joe Nicolosi over at FishRockit that he made to visualize his friend Amanda's interpretation of the plot of the Star Wars Trilogy...sorta.

It appears to be getting a lot of action on teh internets, but it made me smile (and laugh, and choke, and urinate...huh?), so I'm gonna give it a +1 modifier with another plug here.


Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it) from Joe Nicolosi on Vimeo.

It is filled to the rim with massive amounts of hilarity, as she (Amanda) employs such phrases as "he's got white-face", "brown muppets", "frozen with...the stuff", "the force is strong, or whatever", and "a big crusty white guy".

Sprinkle on a few more cups of "or something"s and "or whatever"s, and call it good!

My fave part has to be Princess Leia's "Golden Suit", which looks suspiciously like something I've seen before....hhmmnn. She looks hilarious in that thing, sporting that blaster.

Look for that special somebody at the awards ceremony. Oh, and the final kiss is...well...an "alternative" ending. I don't quite recall that one. I wonder if Han shot first? (ok, that was bad...sorry...really)

No comments: