Tuesday, November 25, 2008

so I went to U-Con the other day...

U-Con is a gamers convention in Ann Arbor (MI), focusing on RPGs, board games, etc. I got a chance to stop by for a quickie there (whoah!). I didn't get to play anything. I was really hoping to get back there to try to get in the OD&D game DM'd by Ignatius Umlaut of "Fight On!", the very cool oldschool RPG fanzine. I was, and still am, severely bummed that I missed that session. However, I did have time to snag a few goodies while I was there.

Top find for the day (IMO): Module GW2: "Famine In Far-Go", a Gamma World module from TSR.


Now, I did play *some* Gamma World in High School, just not nearly as much as we played D&D/AD&D, but I still have the 2nd Edition Box Set books/maps (form "Back in..." well, not '81, but close...'83) and the 1st Edition B/W book (this was '78, but that was 1st ed:1st printing, my 1st ed:2nd printing is actually is from '81), and I would love to play a pickup game of this very cool setting, sometime soon.

Anyway...here's the best part of this particular find (the mod): Upon pulling it out of the sleeve to take a peek inside, I find on the title page this nice little diddy:





Very, very cool! Signed by the legend himself. Now who the hell would get rid of such a thing? Jeesh. Ah well, their loss, my gain.

Now, if this would have been on GW1 "Legion of Gold" (by Gary himself) and signed at GenCon XIV, it would have been perfect for "Back in '81." For now, this will have to do.

Anyway, I got tons more cool stuff, but that's enough geekability for one post, eh?

No comments: